Some Great Sailing Links and Reference Books!
Captain Dave's Twitter
Follow my sailing adventures.
Read about some of my sailing adventures and view photos.
American Sailing Association
Official website for all your sailing needs
Contact Captain Mark Chest for professional instruction or delivery. He's the best!
Great for all your sailing supply needs. Charts, safety equipment, electronics.
NOAA - National Weather
The official weather website
Coast Pilot Editions
On-line access to all the coast pilot information
Buoy Location by Latitude and Longitude
The official USCG website for light lists
Mears Point Marina's website
American Sailing Association On Line Store
Easy access to all the products available at the ASA store - books, clothing, safety equipment, and much much more!
Cruising with Captain Ron
Captain Ron has spend the past few winter seasons aboard his boat in Key West, FL. Check his blog.
Reference Book List!
1. ASA Sailing Made Easy
2. ASA Coastal Cruising Made Easy
3. ASA CrBareboat Cruising
4. The Annapolis Book of Seamanship by John Rousmaniere
5. Offshore Sailing by Bill Seifert
6. Blue Water Sailing Manual by Barry Pickthall
7. Offshore Cruising Encyclopedia by Linda & Steve Dashew
8. Coastal Navigation & Piloting by Tom Tursi
9. Chart # 1 (available on line at NOAA in PDF files)
10. Coastal Pilot for your sailing area (available on line at NOAA in PDF files)
11. Annual Tide and Current Tables (available from Landfall Navigation)
Within walking distance of the marina, only 2/10 mile. Has an inside pool, spa, exercise room, and continental breakfast.
Just a short 1/2 mile from the marina. Has a great view of the south side of Kent Narrows, and a great pool!
Overlooking the marina. Only 2/10 mile to the front gate. Has an indoor pool.
Great crab house overlooking the north side of Kent Narrows and just outside the marina gate.
Two great restaurants. Just a short walk to the south side of Kent Narrows. Another great restaurant with great crab entrées.
Penny and I recommend you plan a visit - fantastic food and great ambience. Take JD's Taxi Service to ride there ((284)496-6841.